- Castleross Nursing Centre
- Drumbear Lodge Nursing Home
- Mullinahinch House Private Nursing Home
- Sacred Hearts Nursing Home
Monaghan Private Nursing Homes in Ireland
Please browse through the Monaghan Private Nursing Homes listed above to find the Nursing Home to suit your loved one.
Your principal residence will only be included in the financial assessment for the first 3 years of your time in care. This is known as the 15% or 'three year' cap. It means that you will pay a 5% contribution based on your principal residence for a maximum of three years regardless of the time you spend in nursing home care.After 3 years, even if you are still getting long-term nursing home care, you will not pay any further contribution based on the principal residence. This 'three year' cap applies regardless of whether you choose to opt for the loan or not.
There are important safeguards built in to the Financial Assessment which are worth noting.
• Nobody will pay more than the actual cost of care
• You will keep a personal allowance of 20% of your income or 20% of the maximum rate of the State Pension (non-Contributory), whichever is the greater
• If you have a spouse/partner remaining at home, he/she will be left with 50% of the couple's income or the maximum rate of the State Pension (non-Contributory), whichever is the greater
Feel free to check out the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) website for further information on Irish Nursing Homes in Ireland .The address is http://www.hiqa.ie
Also check out some other useful services: